10 fool-proof excuses to get out of work, NOW!

Feeling too lazy to work today? Use these innovative, brand new excuses to convince your boss to let you take the day off.

 Picture courtesy: Pinterest

 It's almost the end of the month, and the gone-by-too-easily four-day-long weekend has left behind a hangover that's a little difficult to shake off.

But reality checks in and reminds you of your 10-to-6 existence.
While it's okay to bunk work once in a while and stay back to read, watch a good movie, catch up with old friends or sleep, sometimes you just cannot afford to take an off without prior notice. 
working from home animated GIF 

 

 So, what do you resort to? Cliches like "Sir, I am sick; cannot come to office," or "Ma'am, I don't feel too well. Is it okay if I go home?" have been done to death, quite literally.

So, if you just can't seem to come up with wacko-enough lies to find your way out of work, we have just the solution for you.

 

Here are 10 of the most innovative excuses to bunk office for at least a day.
1. My glasses (spectacles) broke: Even if you don't wear glasses, say you've lost one of your lenses and cannot see a thing. "Sorry, can't help but go home!"
2. I just got a call, my grandmother is very ill and everybody's there...: Though a tab bit insensitive, this one's quite fool-proof!
3. My roomie called, she met with an accident and I have to go help her!: Even something like "My roommate is too sick to get out of bed, so I've got to stay home and take care of her," works equally well.
4. Food poisoning: Fake loose motions (meaning, run to the loo as frequently as you can)--works without fail! Better still, fake vomit! Chew some biscuits (oats are even better) with milk and throw up in the dustbin whenever your boss is around! (But please get that bin cleaned ASAP)
gross animated GIF

 

 5. I have an early morning doctors appointment and will be a tad late for work: *After the first four hours of work* "There are like a thousand people ahead of me; I'm still waiting!"

6. My car broke down: "I'm waiting for the tow truck and it's taking forever; not sure if I can make it to work today."
car animated GIF

 

7. Oh cramp! Aunt flo just visited: And of course, you can't work while in pain! (period face)
8. Visit your office's medical department: After going to the medical room, call up your boss and say the nurse has asked you to take complete bed rest. (It's your health and you cannot take it for granted).
9. You have been waiting for your carpool and they totally forgot about you: And of course, your car is in the garage, the auto you took broke down, so you have to walk, and now you're too tired to work.
10. Ouch, my migraine:This one's just a great excuse. No way to quantify it; nothing to show for it.
Tada! While you now have a list of fool-proof ideas, we'll just have to come up with new ones, because in all probability, our boss has read this before you did!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rain in Kolkata ahead of India-Pakistan clash

Amazing jungle camps in India

Best places for river rafting in India